Fire lagoons are an important safety feature in many buildings, especially in industrial plants where the risk of fire can be high. These lagoons are specially designed and developed to provide effective fire suppression and control when required. Fire lagoons can be important for both life safety and the protection of property.
Work we do:
- Excavation works using heavy machinery.
- Pond sloping and earth removal, spreading works.
- PVC membrane lining and welding works.
- PPE pipe laying and anchoring works in memebrane.
- Issuance of documentation.
The weather and outdoor temperatures must be taken into account for proper installation:
Minimum temperature 5*C. Maximum temperature 35*C.
Work can be carried out at lower temperatures with special conditions and precautions.
When the relative humidity is too high, wet surfaces during welding may adversely affect the quality of the weld.
After installation, a general leakage test shall be carried out to test the weld quality of the memebrane.
- Concrete base (new or old): the concrete surface must be smooth (sanded) and the outer edges must be ground to a min. 3 cm radius.
- Surface shall be clean, dry, free from oil and/or grease, dust and debris.
- Any adhering particles must be removed.
- Any cracks in the concrete should be filled, overhangs crushed and irregularities smoothed.
For primer requirements
- The primer must be mechanically stable, with a smooth surface and no protruding sharp elements.
- The maximum deviation from straightness shall not exceed 2 cm over a distance of 4 m.
- The isolated area shall be dry, and the laying of geomembranes shall not be allowed on hydrated substrate or water exodata.
- If there is water in the pit/excavation area, it should be pumped out, the sludge removed and the missing layer replenished to the required level.
- Preparatory excavation and removal works.
- Slagging, soil consolidation.
- Delivery of geotextiles and other materials to site.
- Construction of geotextiles on the prepared substrate. Depending on the substrate, this can be: for soil min 200g/m2, for concrete min 500g/m2. The geotextile must be laid at the appropriate spacing: min 15cm for soil, 10cm for concrete.
- Membrane placement on slopes, with rolls of the membrane cut with a throw.
- Membrane surface is cleaned with a special PVC cleaner.
- Welding of the seams is carried out by fusing the PVC membrane parts and inserting the fittings.
- The ends of the membrane are secured.
- Procedures for the continuation of the PVC membrane are carried out.
- After a positive test response, the tank can be put into operation.
Our team is always ready to help you with any fire reservoir issues.